Banking & Finance
Guyer & Regules is the leader in Banking and Finance consulting. It has participated and continues to participate in the largest, most complex and most innovative banking and finance transactions in the Uruguayan market. The firm represents the majority of banks currently operating in Uruguay, as well as a substantial number of foreign banking and financial institutions.
The firm has unparalleled experience within the Uruguayan finance sector, including complex, structured finance; project finance; and capital market law, mergers, and acquisitions in the banking sector. In addition, it has been part of the representation of foreign banks in all cases of sovereign debt issued by Uruguay in the last three decades.
Our banking & finance practice area specializes in a wide range of matters, including:
- Loans with and without a guarantee.
- Syndicated loans and guarantee-sharing agreements.
- Ancillary loans.
- National public debt.
- Financing of imports.
- Public offer and private equity trusts, guarantee trusts.
- Real estate and agribusiness financing.
- Mergers and acquisitions of banks and financial institutions, business unit transfer and transfer financing.
- Restructuring of debts and banks.
- Legal audits.
- Acquisition and securitization of portfolios.
- Issuance of public offer and private-offer negotiable instruments.
- Project bonds.
- Bonds under Rule 144 A and Rule S.
- Structured and synthetic products.