The Litigation team at Guyer & Regules is made up of professionals with vast experience in litigation. They have experience in each practice area, in order to ensure their clients the best and most effective defense in all cases undertaken. Our prominent international practice allows us to fluently interact/liaise with lawyers in other jurisdictions in order to achieve the best strategies for domestic trials involving highly complex international stakeholders/parties.
We have successfully participated/engaged in the most complex litigation cases that have taken place in Uruguay in the areas comprising civil, commercial, financial and labor law. Our clients include the most prominent banks and financial operators in Uruguay, as well as manufacturers of a diverse range of products such as automobiles, food products, paper, chemical products, petroleum products; distributors; public service providers; insurance companies; construction companies; laboratories; telecommunication companies; embassies; etc.
Our Litigation practice area specializes in a wide range of matters, including:
- Representing domestic and foreign clients before Small Claims Courts, Courts of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Justice and the Administrative Litigation Court in civil, commercial, corporate, tax, administrative litigation and labor proceedings .
- Acknowledgment and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitration awards in Uruguay.
- Consultation on and adoption of precautionary measures, preparatory measures, attachments, etc.
- Administrative appeals, answers to motions filed, and annulment actions brought before Administrative Litigation Court.
- Consultation on bankruptcies and creditors’ rights, as well as consultation for debtors during debt restructuring, both in-Court or out-of-Court
- Credit recovery Actions