Guyer & Regules has a team specializing in Mining and Natural Resources that is made up of lawyers, civil law notaries, and accountants, all qualified and experienced in the area. The team has provided advice to companies as well as investors and financers. Alongside the regulatory team, our Mining and Natural Resources department offers comprehensive consultancy that specializes in all project phases, in particular those related to mining and water management. In addition, the team works in tandem/jointly with professionals from our litigation department, who contribute their experience in lawsuits and administrative proceedings to work on mining and mining-related cases.
Our Mining & Natural Resources practice area specializes in a wide range of matters, including:
- Legal audits and regulatory monitoring of mining permits.
- Assistance in specialized financing and creation of guarantees, including mining titles mortgages.
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) acquisition and administration.
- Negotiation of farm-in and joint-venture contracts.
- Consultancy on litigious proceedings, in particular administrative proceedings in cases of mining rights and granting of permits.
- Legal audits and regulatory monitoring of water resource development/exploitation permits.
- Easement creation and expropriation in cases specific to mining activity