Guyer & Regules is a leader in Uruguay in matters of local and international arbitration. The company’s arbitration department has achieved national and international recognition through success in some extremely complex and important cases.
Guyer & Regules participated in Uruguay’s first investment arbitration case and continues to play a key role in the country’s most prominent and complex cases.
The firm’s professionals have acted as lawyers, arbitrators and experts in both local and international arbitration proceedings . Their experience allows them to advise clients strategically and efficiently at all stages of the arbitration proceeding : prior to arbitration, such as preliminary and precautionary measures; during the arbitration proceeding ; and during the annulment or execution of the award.
Our commitment to excellence, and to working hand in hand with our clients, makes our team of professionals one of the most recognized in the market.
We specialize in the following activities:
- Investment, commercial, energy and construction arbitration. Conducted in accordance with the rules of internationally recognized institutions such as ICSID, ICC, UNCITRAL, GAFTA, etc.
- Ad hoc arbitration.
- Advice on the drafting of arbitration clauses, prior to the start of the arbitration proceeding .
- Representation in local and international arbitration proceedings .
- Execution of arbitral awards in our country and abroad.
- Annulment of arbitration awards.
- Promotion of precautionary and pre-arbitral measures.