Guyer & Regules is the leading law firm in the Uruguayan oil and gas area. The firm has provided clients with legal advice on topics related to the oil and gas sector for more than 20 years, since the country took its first steps toward a partnership with Argentina and built the first binational pipeline to import natural gas.
The firm currently advises the most prominent multinational companies based in Uruguay in all their sections: upstream, midstream and downstream. Guyer & Regules has been involved in all of the most important oil and gas operations in the country.
We specialize in the following activities:
- E&P: exploration and production (tenders, franchises, production-sharing agreements, farm-in and farm-out agreements, etc.)
- Natural gas transport via pipeline.
- Agreements with clients purchasing large amounts of natural gas.
- Regulatory frameworks in general.
- Fuel distribution, both commercial (gas stations) and industrial (bulk buyers).
- Easements and expropriations specific to the oil and gas industry.
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) re-gasification plant projects.