Labor & Employment
Guyer & Regules’ Labor Law Department is made up of qualified professionals in the field of consulting on corporate labor law, with wide national and international recognition. The firm advises clients on general labor issues, planning and restructuring, and collective bargaining and agreements.
The firm is recognized for its experience in highly complex cases and has participated in several of the largest such cases in Uruguay, including collective bargaining within individual branches or entire companies, spanning diverse sectors of activity.
Our Labor Law practice area specializes in a wide range of matters, including:
- Representing businesses and business associations before Wage Councils.
- Negotiation and review of labor contracts, termination agreements, and other documents related to individuals employment relation.
- Labor and social security audits, both in the framework of company purchases (Due Diligence) as well as in the processes of improving compliance with current regulations.
- Creation and modification of compensation practices, such as stock purchasing options, bonus policies, incentive programs and consulting on specific compensation benefits across various departments.
- Reorganization and restructuring, dismissals, voluntary redundancy plans, severance of senior officials, crisis-prevention programs, and negotiations in all areas related to carrying out reorganizations.
- Consulting on areas of occupational health and safety, audits, and design of action plans and protocols.
- Consulting and negotiation in all aspects related to outsourcing of activities.
- Contentious labor issues and dispute resolution, as well as procedures brought before the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
- Courses and training on current regulations for our clients’ staff.
- Consultation on matters related to retirement, pensions, social security spending and contributions.
- Migration services: our team specializes in matters related to migration, with vast experience in relocating large groups of employees. Our services focus on assisting in all aspects of relocating the employee and his or her family to our country, including obtaining provisional identification cards, temporary or definitive legal residence, citizenship cards, Uruguayan identification documents, ratification of foreign driving licenses, and assistance in processes before consular departments from the interested party’s country of origin.