Guyer & Regules has a long-standing tradition of representing the main Uruguayan and foreign insurers, reinsurers, financial institutions, intermediaries and insured companies. We have experience in regulatory, corporate, contractual, transactional and dispute resolution matters.
The firm has advised insurance and reinsurance companies and brokers in the set-up of their businesses in the Uruguayan market, subsequently continuing to consult on their legal needs in Uruguay, including their relationship with the Uruguayan insurance regulator.
Due to the regulatory experience of this outstanding team, the firm represents Uruguayan and foreign clients in relation to a wide range of regulatory matters, including enquiries and negotiations with the regulatory body.
We specialize in the following areas:
- Consultancy in the setup of insurance companies.
- Regulatory consultancy for insurers, reinsurers and reinsurance producers in administrative processes pertaining to the Central Bank of Uruguay as a regulatory body.
- Insurance and reinsurance contracts.
- Partnerships/mergers & acquisitions.
- Portfolio transfers.
- Setup of local offices.
- Life insurance, insurance of lines of credit (bank insurance policies, guarantees), liability and damages insurance, maritime insurance, transport insurance.
- Reinsurance litigation.
- Arbitrations and legal actions.
- Out-of-Court claims.
- With the support of the Litigation team, Guyer & Regules has successfully intervened in numerous judicial and arbitral proceedings in relation to insurance claims.