Guyer & Regules has extensive experience and a solid multi-disciplinary team in the area of Environmental Law & Sustainability, that has engaged in the settling, acquisition and financing of the most important national and international companies of the country, and therefore possess unrivalled experience in this subject matter and particularly in due diligence procedures.
Its experience extends to all industries, especially the manufacturing, agricultural, forestry, renewable energies and infrastructure industries. The team comprehensively assists clients in the diverse areas of this practice, including without limitation: biodiversity, waste management, , climate change and energy efficiency.
The firm is pioneer in Uruguay in rendering the environmental legal monitor service set forth under international certification standards (ISO 14001), and periodical regulation update reports are issued systematically and tailored-made for each client and industry.
Guyer & Regules has the prestige of being the sole Uruguayan representative in the prestigious RIELA (Inter-American Network of Environmental Legislation Experts).
The types of services provided by the Environmental Law & Sustainability team includes:
- Legal audits of national and local environmental and regulatory legislation compliance
- Legal advice and assistance in the industries’ day-to day operations
- Surveys and updates of tailor-made regulation matrixes for each client
- Advice and assistance in Clean Development Mechanism Processes (Kyoto Protocol)
- Continuous Legal Monitor Service: tailor-made periodical regulation update reports
- Legal advice in the proceeding and obtaining of environmental licenses and environmental management plans
- Administrative appeals and advice for sanctioning environmental and/or Court environmental proceedings
- Advice in compliance with Equator Principles
- Legal advice in the development of sustainable enterprises and impact investments
- Advice regarding environmental risks and negotiation and drafting of environmental provisions in transactions (real estate sales and leases, bank financing and with multilaterals)