The Litigation team at Guyer & Regules is made up of professionals with vast experience in litigation. They have experience in each practice area, in order to ensure their clients the best and most effective defense in all cases undertaken. Our prominent international practice allows us to fluently interact with lawyers in other jurisdictions and in this way achieve the best strategies for domestic trials that involve highly complex international actors.
We have successfully participated in the most complex litigation that has taken place in Uruguay in civil, commercial, financial and labor law. Among our clients are the most prominent banks and financial operators in Uruguay, as well as manufacturers of a diverse range of products such as automobiles, foods, paper, chemical products, petroleum products; distributors; public service providers; insurance companies; construction companies; laboratories; telecommunication companies; embassies; etc.
Our Litigation practice area specializes in a wide range of matters, including:
- Representing local and foreign clients in front of justices of the peace, appeals courts, the Supreme Court, and administrative courts in civil suits, trade lawsuits, tax cases, and administrative and labor cases
- Recognizing and executing sentences and foreign arbitration awards in Uruguay
- Consultation on and adoption of precautionary measures, preparatory measures, embargos, etc.
- Appeals to executive authorities, legal responses to motions filed, and nullity actions brought before administrative courts
- Consultation on tender, bankruptcy, and creditors’ rights, as well as consultation for debtors during debt restructuring, in both judicial and extrajudicial contexts
- Actions for the recovery of credits
For more information about this area of our practice, please complete the following information: